Since the beginning of March 2014, severe shortages of food and water have been reported in Tharparkar district in Pakistan’s South East-Sindh province. A number of children have reportedly died of malnutrition. The area has not received any significant rainfall since the end of 2013.
Minhaj Welfare Foundation (MWF) and regional offices in Sindh have been provided emergency relief to those affected however “more needs to be done”.
Please see the latest of the work in Tharparkar, Sindh:
- The relief activities in the drought hit districts of Tharparkar continue since last more than 13 days.
- The relief activities in Mitthi, Mirpur Khas, Digree, Islam Kot, Nanger Parker, and Checchro districts are also in full swing.
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation Pakistan is hosting various meetings where relief activities in the drought affected districts were reviewed.
- MWF Pakistan Head Office has directed its operations team to ensure that the drought affectees are taken utmost care of in all aspects.
- Till-to-date, more than 1000 families have been provided with emergency aid.
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation has provided Emergency food packs, clean water containers and established medical camps in surrounding regions.
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation and local Sindh office are working functionally around the clock.